icons / menu
icons / angleLeft LGBTI Health

LGBTI Family Violence Flexible Support Packages

Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) and/or Family Violence (FV) can occur across all communities, social classes, ages, cultural backgrounds and geographical areas. These Flexible Support Packages are designed to provide limited financial assistance to victims/survivors of family violence within the LGBTI communities. They can be allocated to individuals or families who are seeking to leave or have recently left intimate partner or family violence circumstances. The intention of these packages is to assist people to stabilise and improve their safety in a crisis or post crisis situation.

How to Access to FV Flexible Packages:
icons / angleDown
icons / angleUp

To gain access to the flexible support packages you need to have an existing case manager who can assist you to process the application forms with accompanying documentation to substantiate the application.

Your case manager will also be a major support to you in ensuring any funds allocated to you, if you are eligible, are directed to the appropriate sources in a timely fashion.

FV Flexible Support Packages are not ongoing and any subsequent applications to access funds will be assessed on a case by case basis

What do the FV Flexible Support Packages fund?
icons / angleDown
icons / angleUp

The packages offer a limited financial subsidy to assist with basic material needs such as;

  • Food, clothing, care packs, bills (utilities, phone) and utility debt
  • Technological safety support - CCTV, mobile phone, personal/property alarm, security doors or lighting
  • Health and wellbeing - medical or pharmaceutical costs not covered by Medicare or Pharmaceutical Benefits Schemes, counselling or specialist services
  • Safe, stable housing - public or private housing debt, rent in advance, rent in arrears, re-location costs, travel costs, furnishings and whitegoods in newly established housing
  • Economic, social and community participation - schooling, educational costs, workforce readiness (e.g. CAE/TAFE Course)  
  • Independence - clothing, care or placement of pets, outings, wellbeing courses

Who do I contact for more information?
icons / angleDown
icons / angleUp

Contact the Counselling, Alcohol & Drug Services Program (CASP) Duty Worker on (03) 9865 6700 or ask to speak with the LGBTI FV Program Coordinator.


VAC relies upon your continued support

Please make a donation